Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Family is a wondeful thing...

I have to say that I consider myself one of the luckiest people I know. Actually scratch that, blessed. I am very blessed. Why? Because I have the most wonderful family. I'm not just talking about my husband, son, mom, dad, brothers, sister, in-laws, etc. Nope. I'm talking about my aunts, uncles, and sixth cousins twice removed.

You see, I've been blessed with a very large extended family. A family where sixth cousins twice removed are just as close as siblings.

I was so excited to introduce Ian to all of them a couple of weeks ago. We did it in phases...first at the wedding where my dad's immediate family flew in. The second phase took place the following weekend in Kentucky at our annual family reunion. We had almost 80 people who attended. A good portion of them all stayed at Aunt Wanda and Uncle Bill's house (us included). Here's a picture with Ian and his Great Great Aunt Wanda and Uncle Bill...

Ian had so much fun meeting all of his family. He was especially taken with Great Uncle Jeff...I think we have decided that Uncle Jeff is the favorite "Great" Uncle because Uncle Stewie wanted to retain his favorite Uncle title.
I can't remember the last time he fell asleep in someone's arms...he must really love his Uncle Jeff.

I can't begin to describe how wonderful it is to have such a loving and supportive extended family. I feel so blessed and loved and I miss each of them every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment