Friday, November 4, 2011

Manic Mondays

I've never been one of those people who hates Mondays...that is until two weeks ago. I was following our typical Monday morning routine; I had Ian dressed, fed, and ready to head out the door by 8:45 for our typical Monday activity. I loaded him up in his carseat, threw the car in reverse, and backed out into the driveway. Huh. That was weird. The car was driving funny. I got out and circled around. Sure enough, my tire was on the RIM. Yikes.

I quickly called my hubby who immediately left work to come take care of my completely deflated tire. As soon as I got off the phone with Brett, I dialed up my father-in-law to see if we could borrow his car that morning. He brought the car over in under 10 minutes and  stayed at the house while Ian and I jetted off to Ian's favorite activity - music class!

To make a very long story short, Brett, his dad, and uncle were unable to get the tire off and the spare on because of some special lock Lexus puts on tires so they can't be stolen. They aired the tire up, drove to Hibdon's, where they were unable to get the lock off as well. Next stop, Lexus dealership. They WERE able to get the tire off, only to find that the tire could not be fixed. Why? There was a pocket knife blade completely imbedded in the tire. Of all the luck. Four new tires for me...all I want for Christmas are four new tires, four new tires. Yeah, right.

The funny thing is, the more I thought about it, the more I realized I have nothing to complain about. I was not driving and Ian was not in the car when the tire went completely flat. We could've been in a wreck and injured. Our Monday activities were resumed with little interference. We missed the first 10 minutes of class, but Ian didn't notice or care. I have a wonderful father-in-law who rushed over just so his grandson could go play music. He even had his brother meet him at our house so we didn't have to spend extra time taking him back home. Then they both stayed to help Brett change the tire  (or try to change the tire). Sure the tires cost more than a house payment, but I'm always reminded that God provides. And He did.

I am so incredibly blessed that God was watching over us and protected us from potential harm - that our tire went flat in the garage instead of on a highway. I am blessed because I have the most fantastic in-laws that live less than 10 minutes away and are willing to help with anything. I am blessed because I have a wonderful husband who spent all day dealing with the tire debacle. I am blessed because my car was fixed in a day (unlike my poor neighbor who had tire trouble just after me and was on a donut for several days). I am blessed because God provides. I am blessed because my God is Great.

So, I guess Monday's and I are still on good terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment