Friday, June 15, 2012

If only I could think like a toddler...

Today has been one of those days that Ian has me rolling my eyes and laughing...I mean, what on earth goes through a 21-month-old's mind?? I would pay good money to be able to know not only what they're thinking, but also what they're saying. I can catch a decent amount of what Ian says, but when he really gets going, not much is intelligible except for the stuff about cars, balls, grandparents, shoes (why the obsession with shoes, I don't know), turtles, etc. He is such a chatty little kid - he can go on for five minutes without taking a breath. Case in point - today the kid woke up and the first thing we heard through the monitor was "golf". Seriously? It was quickly seconded by another "golf" and then "papa, golf". Not that this is out of the norm. Most mornings he wakes up and is talking about "cars", or "Papa and Gaga", or "balls", or "Su-Papa's car". He must have some really sweet dreams...

I decided to go to Sam's today with both of the kiddos (success, by the way!). When we got home I was getting Blythe out of her carseat and I asked Ian to take off his shoes and put them in the laundry room. After I helped him get them off, I saw him take off for the laundry room. I turned around and this is what I saw...
Umm...ok. I guess I asked for that one. They are technically in the laundry room, and he did make sure he put them down nicely, too...

Next, after getting everyone and everything unloaded from the car, I fed Blythe, put her in her bouncer seat and proceeded to the kitchen to fix Ian's lunch. I looked up after what could not have been more than two minutes and found Blythe was not where I put her. She had moved from being next to the couch to here...

Apparently big brother wanted sissy right in the middle of his toys so that they could both play. He is quite the navigator to be able to get her through all those toys and chairs. Oh, and please ignore the messiness...if you can.

What can I say? Life is always an adventure with an active 21-month-old boy and I wouldn't have it any other way (as long as we can keep Blythe alive)!

No comments:

Post a Comment