Thursday, June 9, 2011

My newest obsession

One word.


Haven't heard of it? Be glad you haven't - it'll consume all of your spare time.

I found this quote on Pinterest to explain Pinerest (ironic, yes?):
"pin-ter-est (n.): a fun reminder of the clothes I will never afford/fit into, the home decor I will never be able to afford/fit into our small home, the recipes and crafts I am too lazy to ever make, the sayings I wasn't clever enough to think of on my own, the photos I wish I had taken but didn't."

What's funny is that pretty much everything in the quote is true. I have found so many great ideas, but knowing me, I will probably only make a handful of the 463 items I've pinned in the past few weeks. No, I haven't kept track of how many pins I've made - I'm not THAT anal.

I do plan on making this awesome activity wall for Ian's room, though. By far one of the best ideas I've found on Pinterest.

Pinterest has also helped me determine Ian's first birthday party theme. I know it's a little early, but I have to plan in advance. It makes me feel better. And more in control (for those you who know me, I'm sure you're shocked by that). Anyway - it's going to be a Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday! Maybe I can even sweet talk my sister into doing a reading of the book in Hebrew (since she brought Ian one from Israel). That is, of course, if I don't change my mind and find a better theme before September...

Happy pinning everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I think I saw a really awesome Hungry Caterpillar cake on Pinterest that I wished I would've seen when I was doing Wyatt's 4 years ago. I bet you've seen it. Let me know if you need help with the cake!

    ReplyDelete